Global Project Manager
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cuttingedge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries.
We offer a unique opportunity to form a position from the start in a new, global, world leading company. On February 21, 2019, an important step was announced regarding our Excellerate! journey towards making supply chain a competitive advantage for Epiroc. Over the coming month we will take steps to unite our supply chain organizations for Mining and Rock Excavation Service and Rock Drilling Tools. At the same time we will create a Global Master Data and Trade Compliance organization. Uniting the supply chains serving both Rock Drilling Tools and Mining and Rock Excavation Service will create synergies between the two divisions and unlock opportunities to build world-class capabilities at scale.
Are you in for the big challenge?
The mission of the Global Project Manager is program managing all activities related to Epiroc’s global end-to-end supply chain systems implementation for Rock Drilling Tools and Mining and Rock Excavation Service business divisions under the Excellerate! transformation initiative.
- Manage portfolio of systems implementations and roadmap
- Work with an international and cross-functional team comprised of Epiroc Business and IT stakeholders, consultants, and supply chain planning software vendor resources to complete any on-going vendor selection activities
- Define, manage and complete multi-year program(s) to globally roll-out advanced planning tools in support of end-to-end supply chain planning processes for all of Rock Drilling Tools and Mining and Rock Excavation Service divisions
- Organizing and leading calls/visits with reference customers provided by vendors undergoing evaluation as needed
- Working with Epiroc vendor selection team and the vendor finalists to define and execute any proof-of-concept pilot if required,
- Ensuring timely completion of Epiroc’s IT and Procurement evaluation of vendors required for contract negotiations
- Working with IT and Procurement to obtaining executive approval for final contract with vendor of choice
Implementing supply chain planning solutions
- Coordination of on-boarding activities for selected vendor
- Working with Business, IT and vendor subject matter specialists (SMS) to develop overall implementation scope, approach and implementation phases, resource plan and budget
- Working closely with IT and vendor project managers to launch program, manage successful execution of program activities, and to ensure program adherence to scope, schedule, quality and budget requirements
- Ensuring definition and execution of effective stakeholder communications, change management and end-user training activities for the program
- Effectively interface with senior management and key stakeholders regarding project deliverables, project status, issue management and budget spend
- Manage cross functional dependencies
- Facilitate decision making process and provide direction on resolution
- Working with Business, IT and vendor SMS to develop and execute an effective solution testing strategy and go-live approach that minimizes risk to business
- Working with all program stakeholders to help proactively identify and resolve/mitigate risks, challenges, conflicts and constraints to ensure successful execution of the program
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business/Engineering with a software major. APICS qualification desirable.
- Eight to ten years project management experience in an Information Technology/SCM environment; experience in using project management tools, managing large projects, and experience with major software implementation. Successfully delivered large supply chain/operations transformation programs that contain a significant software implementation component
- Deep understanding of concepts related to planning and execution of complex supply chains with and without internal manufacturing
- Prior experience with implementing and/or using advanced planning systems for demand and supply planning, inventory optimization and order scheduling
- Prior experience with after-market service and spare parts business in the mining or similar industry
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following functional areas: demand planning, supply planning, inventory optimization, S&OP
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English
To enjoy the work as Global Project Manager, it is important that you have a genuine interest in technology, people, team work and to achieve results.
You have a motivating and encouraging leadership profile, you are customer focused, result- and solution oriented and have an ability to act and deliver in a dynamic environment.
In this position you will have many contacts both internally and externally, so good cooperation, interpersonal and communications skills are required to do the job.
Epiroc sees different personalities, ethnic origin, gender, age, skills and experience as an asset. We see that the differences make the birth of new ideas and improvements, and this leads to innovation and sustained, long-term results.
Country and city description
This positions location is to be decided, preferably Örebro or Fagersta, and reports to the Vice President Supply Chain, Mining and Rock, Hans Kuehn. In this position occasional travel is required.
Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 2019-05-29. To apply for the position you need to create an account in our recruitment system. We only accept applications in the system.
Do you want to know more about the job?
Please contact recruiting manager, VP Supply Chain MR, Hans Kuehn.
Telephone: +46 (0) 72 084 09 79
Other questions, please contact Helena Fiedler, Recruitment Specialist.
Telephone: +46 (0) 70 591 90 33
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With
cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction
equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm,
Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries.
Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com.