Permit Manager, Vattenfall Wind Power offshore
As exciting opportunity has arisen for a Permit Manager, SE Offshore Wind to work within our international and dynamic offshore team to help secure the necessary permits for our portfolio of SE offshore wind projects. We are looking for candidates from a range of industries who have a background in environmental permitting processes, including knowledge of environmental impact assessment and the Natura 2000 permit process.
The role will require effective communication with relevant authorities and stakeholders and so it is expected that the applicant will be a fluent Swedish speaker.
The Permit Manager will work within Business Area Wind’s ‘Permitting and Development’ team which brings together offshore wind permitting and consultation expertise from across the markets in which we operate.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Within Vattenfall we have the clear goal to enable a fossil free society within one generation. This ambition includes for example electrification of the transport sector and CO2-emitting industries, but the core in this ambition is to have sustainable electricity production. Vattenfall is now ramping up its growth within renewables, making the fleet fossil free.
Your responsibilities as a Permit Manager, SE Offshore Wind
• You will manage the permitting process for one of our Swedish offshore wind projects
• You will lead the environmental impact assessment work, with support of EIA consultants
• You will co-ordinate engagement with relevant authorities and external stakeholders
• You will liaise with our project design team to understand the framework for the consent
• Following application submission, you will take the projects through the hearing process.
• Throughout the process, you will be required to understand the risks to achieving a permit and put in place strategies to reduce these risks.
• As well as permitting projects, you will provide advice to our Portfolio and Transactions team on permitting risks in relation to new sites and acquisitions
• You will be required to promote a safety conscious environment.
Your qualifications as a Permit Manager
• A degree in a relevant discipline
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Swedish and English)
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team / team working skills
• A demonstrable working knowledge of the Swedish permitting process, including Environmental Impact Assessment and Appropriate Assessment
• A track record of liaison with relevant authorities and stakeholder management
• Good understanding of health and safety regulations and requirements
• An awareness of renewable energy policy and its impact on project development
Previous experience of working within the wind industry is not a requirement and we encourage candidates from a range of industries to apply.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The position will be based in Sweden, with Stockholm / Solna as the preferred location. Some travel will be required according to the needs of the project.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring Manager Kathy Wood +44-7528 551235
For further information about our process, you are welcome to contact our recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim +46 72-585 28 76
Trade union representatives in Sweden
Rolf Ohlsson – Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson – Ledarna Leif Karlsson – SEKO, samt Anders Bohlin – Unionen. They will all be reached at switchboard: +46 (0) 8-739 50 00.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is March 1st
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well Solar PV and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate onshore and offshore wind power in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK and we are a leading player in several of our markets.
We look forward to your application!
Dela detta jobb